Recipe: Chocolate Almond Protein Bites | MOBE

Recipe: Chocolate Almond Protein Bites

These protein-packed bites are perfect for a quick snack on the go. They will satisfy a sweet tooth, providing just enough sweetness to keep cravings at bay. Freeze a batch so you’ll always have a quick snack at the ready.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 12
Makes: 24 bites
Serving size: 2 bites


  • ¼ cup almond butter, unsweetened and unsalted
  • ¼ cup water, plus more if needed
  • 1 cup chocolate protein powder
  • ¾ cup oat flour
  • ¼ cup rolled oats
  • 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal


Line a tray with parchment or waxed paper. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine almond butter and water. Mix until smooth. Add protein powder, oat flour, rolled oats, and flaxseed meal. Mix until evenly incorporated. Scoop mixture by the tablespoon and form into balls. If balls aren’t sticking together, add more water to the mixture, one tablespoon at a time. Place balls onto prepared tray. Chill for 20 minutes to set.

Store bites in an airtight container in the fridge.

MOBE kitchen tip:

  • If you can’t find oat flour, grind whole oats in a coffee grinder, food processor, or blender in small batches until very fine.

Recipe notes:

  • These protein bites can be frozen in an airtight container for future use.
  • If you don't have chocolate protein powder, you can use unflavored and unsweetened protein powder along with 4 heaping tablespoons of cacao powder, then sweeten lightly with maple syrup.
  • Sunflower seed butter, soy nut butter, or peanut butter can be substituted for the almond butter.
  • Any sticky dried fruit could be used as an add-in for these bites; just mix the fruit into the bites prior to rolling them into balls.

Nutrition facts per serving

Calories: 110 / Total Fat: 4g (5% DV) / Saturated Fat: 0.5g (3% DV) / Trans Fat: 0g / Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV) / Sodium: 65mg (3% DV) / Total Carbohydrate: 12g (4% DV) / Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% DV) / Total Sugars: 1g / Added Sugar: 1g (2% DV) / Protein: 7g / Vitamin D: 0mcg (0% DV) / Calcium: 27mg (2% DV) / Iron: 2mg (10% DV) / Potassium: 66mg (2% DV)

Allergen statement (will vary depending on protein powder used, which may include milk, soy, or other allergens): contains tree nuts (almonds).

Explore even more healthy eating ideas by talking with a MOBE Guide. Get started today.