You've done it. You just scheduled your first call with a MOBE Guide, and you're excited and perhaps even a little nervous. It's a big step, and you should be proud of taking it. We also want you to know you're in good hands. Our MOBE Guides have taken a lot of \"first calls\" from participants and they're here to help you succeed with your personal health goals. Along those lines, we asked them for some tips to help you prepare for that first call. Here's what they said:
- Please register in the portal and complete the survey. Also browse our website and come with questions about the program.
- Think about the health habits you'd like to create. Let's focus on what we can add to your life instead of the bad habits you want to get rid of.
- What we do is new and different. You are best served coming in with no expectations.
- Be open and honest with your Guide. We're here to listen to you and your needs. We're excited about joining you on the path to improved health!
- Take a moment to be mindful of your life. Do you think the way you want to think? Do you live the way you want to live? What would it take to be your best self?
- Find a quiet place to do the call with your MOBE Guide: somewhere you can think and focus, take notes, ask questions and be open to possibilities.
- Keep an open mind. No matter how good you think you are at managing your own health, you can always get better. Even professional athletes continually practice to improve their skills.
- Know that you'll be heard. The Guide on the other end of the line is truly listening, cares about what you're going through and wants to help. Take that leap of faith and then get ready for the ride of your life!
- Be prepared for a new chapter in your life and to start a journal. This is a journey of personal growth and meant to be enjoyed!
- When it comes to where you want to take your health, dream big. The sky may not be the limit... but be ready to find out what is.
We want to hear from you.
If you're already well on your journey with MOBE, what are some tips you'd share with new participants? Join our conversation on Facebook or send us an email today.